Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Wednesday 18 June 2008

RSC A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM


dream_08_374162_p11.jpeg





We've just got back from Stratford where we had tickets for A Midsummer Night's Dream at The Courtyard Theatre. We were on row A and the stage was at chest-height in front of us. It was very shiny and at times we thought that the actors were going to slide off into our laps. The production was a classic and very funny. My only slight quibble was with the costumes. I'd booked to see the play as near to Midsummer  Night as I could get because to me it conjures up summer flowers, mossy banks and pretty fairies. But these fairies were Goths holding macabre dolls - not quite what I'd had in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment