Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Thursday 31 May 2007

The London son gave me a box of Iranian dates when he got back from Dubai. I've never tasted dates like them - they were called Bam Dates and were just divine - especially stuffed with cream cheese. I've now finished the pack and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. Does anyone know where I can buy more? I dread to think how many calories they contain - they're so delicious they must be fattening.

A friend lent me a her copy of a James Martin cookery book. Apparently his super fast banana ice cream is delicious - it only involves frozen banana chunks, sugar and buttermilk - I'll let you know how it goes. I followed a recipe for biscotti at the weekend and all I can say is that the blackbirds loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment