Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Wednesday 20 June 2007

We went to the Trafford centre yesterday and found an absolute gem - which has opened since we were last there. Carluccio's restaurant and deli. There are massive floor to ceiling glass cabinets to browse around, full of authentic Italian products. The deli counter has huge tubs of anti-pasti. I bought a big tub of broad bean and pancetta salad. For under £2 I got about 25 salami slices (my daughter says it's the best she's tasted). I cooked their dried pasta, threw in the broad beans and some poached salmon and the result was fantastic. They also have all types of Italian breads, baked in London every morning and delivered before the shop opens.

On the way home we visited Weaste Cemetery near Salford to see if I could find the grave of my great great grandparents and two of their children (7 months and 12 years). I found the plot, but unfortunately no stone - I might have to remedy that.

Earlier in the year I tried in vain to get tickets to see Sir Ian McKellen in King Lear at Stratford - his return to the stage. I've just discovered that it's moving to London for a limited spell in November. However, tickets don't go on sale to the general public until September. BUT if you're a full member of the Royal Shakespeare Company (£36) you can book from July 2. I am now a fully paid up member and can't wait to get my front row seats!

lear_374162p3.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment