Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Saturday 23 June 2007

I believe The Trough of Bowland is the Queen's favourite place - and I know why. I just love the area, with its leafy lanes and rolling, lush hills. We went for a drive there yesterday and called first at Ye Horns Inn at Grimsargh for lunch. They do two course lunches for £9.99 and the main courses include local duck and pheasant. We just wanted a sandwich (one duck and one prawn) and a bowl of homemade chips - delicious.

After that we set off for Chipping and discovered the Little Town Dairy . I've made a note in my diary because once a month I'm going to go back and stock up on their meat. I got a fillet tail for what seemed like buttons and a huge piece of rolled rib of beef for next time the London son comes home! The place is spotless and the person serving me explained that the beef and lamb comes from the animals you can see in the fields; the cakes are made by farmers' wives and the veg is all grown in the surrounding countryside. That'll do me.
littletown1.jpeg

littletown2.jpeg

Some of the beautiful, fresh meat on sale at The Little Town Dairy

After a walk round the delightful village of Chipping we went to the nearby Wild Boar Park

No comments:

Post a Comment