Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Saturday 28 May 2011

STAG DO

Our London son is on a stag weekend in Tallinn. I must admit I had to look Tallinn up in the atlas. I've now managed to find a webcam overlooking the town (which looks beautiful - although I doubt if the 16 lads will be doing much sight-seeing). And using the planefinder web site I tracked the Easyjet plane from Stanstead airport all the way to Estonia. My husband must have been fed up with me telling him to come and look where the plane was - passing over the North Sea, now over Holland - oh look, over Denmark and so on. He rang the night before he set off and we asked what sort of luggage allowance he had. The answer was none - well actually, he had an allowance but all the boys had decided that they would only take a bum bag and that any clothes would have to be worn. So I had visions of them all with three pairs of underpants and socks, two pairs of trousers, two shirts, two jumpers and two jackets - just as well it's a bit chilly in Tallinn.

1 comment:

  1. That was an unusual but lovely place to go.

    I can remember when I travelled by Virgin Atlantic, that I followed the journey on the screen attached to the seat in front and I was so interested in the route we were travelling. Across Siberia & down the Chinese east coast and then over the China Sea to Japan. It took 12 hours!
    Most people watched a video.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete