Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Monday 30 January 2012

MAGIC




Twice in the last week I've seen the space station glide across the dark, morning sky behind our house. A magical experience. I haven't even bothered to train the telescope on it for fear of missing the experience of seeing it with my own eyes. I've just about mastered viewing the moon through the telescoipe - and Jupiter at a pinch,

but I must be doing something wrong because, although I can see other planets through the viewfinder, I find it frustratingly impossible to get them into view when using the eye piece. Any minute movement of the telescope and the target completely disappears. I might have to resort to binoculars.

1 comment:

  1. That is better than I could do with my camera, at night!
    Many thanks for you kind comment.
    I have also bought a book on *Mindfulness*
    Maybe thats the way forward.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete