Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Wednesday 25 January 2012

THE INN AT WHITEWELL


Our Christmas present from our London-based son was a voucher to be spent at The Inn at Whitewell near the Trough of Bowland. This is one of our favourite areas and is only an hour's drive from home, so I don't know why we don't go there more often. The Lancashire scenery is beautiful and quite different to that in Yorkshire - I was trying to decide what made it feel different as we drove down the country lanes, past banks of snowdrops. I think it's cosier than the Yorkshire Dales - as if all the beauty is crammed into a small space - waterfalls, fast-flowing rivers, old stiles, little villages, hills and lambs. We enjoyed a lovely lunch in front of a log fire, had a walk round Whalley and then visited Boundary Mill, where I managed to pick up a £197 skirt for a tenner and a top marked down from £97 to £5. A good day all round.




1 comment:

  1. You did well with the shopping. I thought that I had done well when I bought a £269 coat at Cheshire Oaks for £71. It is the wardrobe now. Too good to wear!

    ReplyDelete