Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Wednesday 17 September 2008

TRAINERS



Our daughter is back from Atlanta. She looked suitably tanned and had a stash of "bargains" in her case including some snazzy trainers......

 



 

She brought home a leaflet that named 50 things to see and do in Atlanta and judging from her photographs she did at least 49 of them including panda spotting



 

and tall building spotting....



Fortunately she didn't get into any scrapes although she relates how one dark night she was followed by a down-and-out for quite some time. Eventually as they were passing a police station (of all places) he sidled up to her and said  "come here". Apparently she said "no" and he walked off! - It's all in how you say it!

Upon perusing his Barclaycard statement my husband spotted that he'd been charged for tickets to an event at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall. He flicked through my diary and discovered that he's going to see Boy George in October. He's rather worried about who he might be sitting next to and I've been given strict instructions not to leave his side!

In tonight's paper it said that Razorlight are going to be on at the same theatre. This I just cannot imagine - it's quite a small, sedate place, so it needs to be seen. I managed to get tickets without any problem - does anyone else know they're on?

I've now lost three stone and so that I don't put all that horrid weight back on I've just sold every item of big clothing on eBay and I never want to see another roll of parcel tape or join another post office queue.

1 comment:

  1. How did you loose the weight? Any secrets?I keep going to the gym and sweating to no avail!!!!
    When is the baby due?
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete