Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Saturday 18 June 2011

TABLES ARE TURNED


Something very disconcerting happened yesterday. We were all put firmly in our places by a two-and-a-half year old. Over lunch Oscar spotted that Grandad had a sliced up apple on the same plate as his sandwiches. "Grandad has pudding on his lunch plate. Oscar not allowed to do that," said Oscar. I told him that I was so old that there was no-one to tell me what I was allowed to do and that if I wanted a raspberry with a fish I would have one. "That's very cheeky" said Oscar looking me straight in the eye.

Then we went to Great Grandma's house. Great Grandma let slip that she didn't like sour oranges. "Maybe when you're bigger," said the wise one.

No comments:

Post a Comment