Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Sunday 21 August 2011

GENERATION F

Just after the riots I was listening on the car radio to a debate on the causes . I expected the usual soft soap, probably talk of how these thugs had been abused in childhood and almost certainly a hundred reasons why they should be excused. I was ready to shout my reply and change channels when on came a soft-spoken Irishman who I'm pretty sure was reading from a script that I'd written in my mind. Common sense from someone who had worked with disaffected youngsters. Since then I have read that other people were also listening to Winston Smith  (obviously not his real name, but since he still works with miscreants it's not in his best interests to be identifiable) while driving and had to pull over to take in what they were hearing.
When I got home I Googled him and bought his book. "Generation F" should be compulsory reading for every politician. The hand-out system in this country is an absolute disgrace and I really object to money I have paid in taxes being used to pander to the whims of no-gooders. If you haven't read it, I recommend it wholeheartedly. It's an eye-opener.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie this book is on my wish list, I've been following Winston's Blog. At last someone who knows what he's talking about! I had thought of buying it to read while visiting Number 2 son and grandchildren/great-grandchildren in Buckingham next weekend, then thought again, as two lively grand-kids and 3 great-grand-kids and peaceful reading somehow don't gel.
    I enjoy Reading your Blog. Jen.

    ReplyDelete