Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Wednesday 13 February 2008

Another day - another pensioner outing. Again the Tom Tom was set and again the driver completely ignored the instructions - I now realise that he sees it as a battle of wills - his over hers. This can only be because he knows he can't win an argument with me. I decided to leave them to it and listened to my ipod.
We managed to find Bents Garden Centre, although it probably took twice as long as it should have done, allowing for taking every opposite direction on the map. But it turned out to be worth it. Lots and lots to see - and buy. I found a Yankee candle called "Baby Powder" and loved it so much that I put it on the table while we had our evening meal. "How come we're eating to the smell of baby powder?" our daughter asked.
Next time we visit the centre I'll make sure we haven't already eaten because the scones were the size of footballs and looked absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment