Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Sunday 6 March 2011

THANKS BRIAN


Next Sunday night I'll know better - I'll tape Brian Cox and his wonders of the universe and watch it first thing Monday morning because I've been tossing and turning all night after what seemed to be an hour-long  black comedy. With his eerie grin still in place, he told us how the universe will end; of exploding stars, of things being sucked inside themselves; of dying suns and crumbling worlds. Ok, he was talking trillions and trillions of billions years hence but nevertheless my remains will be on this dying planet and I have an interest in their future. There's one thing for certain, I'll no longer be worrying about how to make my housekeeping stretch a full month - oh no, I have much bigger things on my mind now.

No comments:

Post a Comment