Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Thursday 10 January 2008

full_789142image_php.jpeg

We went to see an excellent production of Oscar Wilde's "An Ideal Husband" at the Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester. It was the ideal antidote to a dark and rainy Manchester night - very funny and with plenty of recognisable Wilde quips. My husband said he couldn't understand why I'd bought tickets to see an ideal husband when I could have watched him for nothing - oh, hahaha.
We had a look round the sales - I found Valentino face products reduced from £125 to £15 and a Hobbs jacket at £39 from £150 but amazingly came away empty-handed. I'd read in the paper about two women who, at the start of 2007, had decided to buy nothing new for 12 months (exluding food obviously). After the excesses of Christmas this seemed like a good idea to me - I'm not sure how long it will last but I was quite proud of myself yesterday - until I bought three t shirts in M&S (they don't count though because they were really cheap).

We ate in Wagamama's -  we're probably a bit outside the normal age range for a noodle bar but the food is tasty and the service is efficient so we just ignored all the 20-somethings and tucked into steaming bowls of ebi katsu and kaisen gohan.

No comments:

Post a Comment