Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Sunday 9 March 2008

CRUFTS

I've always wanted to go to Crufts and last October bought tickets for the final day and Best in Show. I couldn't think how to break the news to my husband so wrapped them up and gave them to him as a Christmas present! Yesterday I kept having to remind him that he should be enjoying his present as he wandered around looking hot and lost and being jostled by thousands of doggy people. I have to admit that the novelty started to wear thin after we passed our hundredth Cairn terrier but it was worth it in the end, to see the overall winner being picked out. Every time I saw a dog I liked the look of I got a leaflet in the hope of persuading my husband that as empty nesters, a dog is just what we need. Perhaps that could be next year's Christmas present.

I had a shrewd idea that I would be on TV because I was right behind Ben Fogle and the boy from Blue Peter when they were interviewing people. As if by magic I got two texts simultaneously from both sons - they were watching the programme and took a picture of me from their television screens - the wonder of modern technology. Unfortunately their dad was nowhere to be seen because he'd chosen that moment to scoff a hot pork bun in the background.


newf.jpeg


ben.jpeg



No comments:

Post a Comment