Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Thursday 17 July 2008

COLD & WET

I would have happily stayed in and watched the golf on tv today but since we have week-long tickets we felt as though we'd better get value for money. We missed the worst of the weather by setting off after lunch but it was still cold, windy and drizzly. Fortunately I managed to find some spotty wellies that I'd bought last summer when I went with my daughter to the Knowsley Hall Music Festival - the weather was even worse then and we waded through knee-deep mud.

Today we followed Cabrera, because my husband had given him the kiss of death by betting on him, and then Rocco Mediate, who now seems to be one of the leaders. Surely the weather must be better for tomorrow?

Today's celeb watch revealed Claire Balding, who is much smaller and slimmer than she seems on television - who says the camera never lies?

No comments:

Post a Comment