Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Sunday 4 February 2007

We're back from a whirlwind trip to London to visit our younger son. While we were there he introduced us to West Hampstead and Hampstead and we were suitably impressed. After a delicious lunch of pitta bread, hummous and latka (i think) he took us to a Hungarian tearoom, the like of which I have never ever seen before. We were served afternoon tea in china cups and presented with an enormous tray of Austrian-style cakes and asked to select one. We'll have to go back because you couldn't do the selection justice by choosing only one.






s7000069.jpeg

The Hungarian tearooms & cakes!







We had a walk round Regents Park and visited the Sherlock Holmes Museum - because I'm a huge fan.





s7000066.jpeg

s7000061.jpeg



The train journey home took almost six hours - I've never completed so many sodukos in one sitting!




We've now chosen a suite but I couldn't take my eyes off a magnificent shocking pink one (am I turning into my husband?). It was totally impractical but it would have made me happy just to open the lounge door every morning and see it there.





s7000053.jpeg


No comments:

Post a Comment