Deb's Digest
Debbie Atkinson’s family life column, as featured in the Southport Visiter.

Tuesday 24 June 2008

I PASSED - BUT....

Well I passed the maths exam - 72.5%. But since I achieved 71.4% when I walked into the classroom off the street four weeks ago, I'm not over-the-moon. The trouble is, I left all my revision until this morning, when I had a three hour session at college leading up to the exam. If you're a keen follower of this blog you may remember that people have rudely stormed out and other people have done a runner, after asking to go to the toilet. So today it was just me and the tutor. And since she's roughly the same age as me we got talking about families, suntans (using olive oil and vinegar), holidays and careers. By the time we'd got through that lot there wasn't a lot of revision time left. Then I took a break and visited the sales. I did practise dimensions though by cramming shoe boxes into carrier bags.  I don't think I've got enough time left to get to where I wanted to get to mathematically - which was the Big Bang.  I'll have a cup of tea and think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment